Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Life Is Like a Box of Chocolates

Who was it that said "Life is like a box of chocolates"? That's right it was Forrest Gump - a fictional character from the movie named after the leading character....

This statement really embodies the exact meaning in "life". Life is really like a "box of chocolates". When I've gotten a box of chocolates I never really know what's beneath the chocolate whether its coconut, nougat, peanuts, etc. until you bite into it.

Life is very similar, each day is different, we never know what is going to happen from day to day. Life is a challenge but God tells us in the Bible that He would never give us more than we could handle so with that in mind why don't we get through life much easier?

I think a better question is, why don't we trust and put our faith in our Lord and Savior - Jesus Christ and allow Him to help us through our life events? I think this can be simply answered - because we do not put God first in our lives....

Think about it, if God were first in our lives then when I wake in the morning - I would go to God in prayer and Bible study before getting on my computer or getting ready for work, etc. By putting God first in my morning ritual I actually set up my day for success!

God's name should be on our lips when trouble arises and He should be the first one we call! Like I said before since life is like a box of chocolates and we don't know what we are getting or what we are about to going through but how much easier would life be if we allowed God to work through us and help us daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment