Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

What Defines You?


After listening to a great sermon this weekend I have taken a look at my life and asked myself "What is defining me?". My pastor posed the following, "Does your past define you?", "Do others define you?" because God sees what we are capable of when man doesn't....

What type of "character" do we portray? If we look a little deeper than the surface what would your find? Many of us allow us to see one side of our personalities. We appear to have no problems, and the world is great and wonderful when we greet those at church, but deep down we are hurting and have so many issues in our lives that we attempt to "hide" from everyone outside our family.

When you think about your life in those context, you begin to ponder do I live my life by the way others see me? or do I live my life because of my past? Looking deep into your own soul and knowing your own heart makes we realize what is truly important in life and that's our relationship with God, our Father in Heaven because our relationship with Him is the key.

If we to prioritize our lives, focusing on the important aspects of our lives including God, family, jobs, etc....I think it changes the way that we look at life and the manner in which we focus our attention. We should strive to "help" others in any manner possible. There are always others less fortunate than ourselves, ALWAYS. I feel ashamed when I'm having a "bad" day and begin to feel sorry for myself, then I'm reminded of those less fortunate.

Let's not forget a scripture found in Galations 6:9 - "Let us not become weary of doing good for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up".

No comments:

Post a Comment